Let's take a look at some information related to Rayjus as well as what kind of deal was made on the show.
News and Links Related To The Company:
- Here is the Rayjus website and the Rayjus Facebook page which has about 12k likes.
- Rayjus manufactures athletic and home apparel using sublimation technology. They make customized athletic jerseys, sun shirts, t-shirts, hats, neck gaiters and other apparel. They also produce banners, flags, lamb blankets, towels and even tablecloths, all to the particular specifications of the customer. (Link)
- A July 2017 article says Rayjust had 22 employees and sales of $1 million per year.
- Justin and Ray said they applied for the show in June 2017 due to Marcus Lemonis and his ties to Camping World. Filming for this episode was in September/October 2017. (Link)
- There are seven reviews of Rayjust on Better Business Bureau and six of them are negative with complaints mostly about customer service. (Link)
- There is also a Rayjus Graphics website which is a business that specializes in vehicle wraps.
- Justin and Ray own another company called Openwater and here is that website and Facebook page. This is a fishing clothing line that was launched in 2015.
The Deal From The Episode Plus Post-Show Updates (this will be updated continually):
- No deal was made on the show because Marcus couldn't go into business with someone that has a side gig as a racist/sexist radio host.
- Ray said in a recent interview that Marcus gave them free advice and they were able to streamline how they do some production. They also hired a local accountant to help them with their books.
- Ray also said air conditioning is in the budget for this year and the business is thriving.
- In a Facebook video posted on January 5, 2017, Justin said their New Year's resolution was to be the best customer service in the industry and to have the quickest turnaround time for shirts which is 3-4 weeks from approval.
- Ray posted a long rant on Facebook talking about how he was portrayed as being inaccurate which can be found here. (Update - He removed it).
- Ray actually got fired by Alpha Media before the episode aired. Alpha Media released a statement saying, "DJ Ray Odom, known as Crazy Ray on WRXQ, took part in a national television program. We do not condone the views he expressed in the program. The feelings portrayed are that of his own and not of Alpha Media or QRock. After an internal review, we have decided to cut ties. No further information is available at this time." (Link)
- Rayjus also released a statement saying that Ray will be taking a leave of absence to spend time with his family and reflect on what is in the best interest of his family and company. (Link)