Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Profit - Handi Products Update

Tonight on The Profit, Marcus Lemonis is in Libertyville, Illinois hoping to make a deal with Handi Products. Handi Products specializes in products for both humans and animals that prevent slips with non-slick treads.  While Marcus is there, he needs to help a father and son overcome their troubled past.  He also finds packaging that is confusing and that the owner Thom tries to avoid conflict with his employees including his son Alex.

Let's take a look at some information related to Handi Products as well as what kind of deal was made on the show.

News and Links Related To The Company:
  • Here is the Handi Products website.
    • The website says they manufacture and market Handi-Treads®, Puppy Treads®, People Treads®, PetSTEP® Ramps, and Stop the Slip™ Products.
    • On the 'Where to Buy' portion of the website, it lists where to buy the products such as Ace and True Value.  All of the Handi Ramp products have the text "As Seen on The Profit." (Link)
  • Handi Treads sells their products on Amazon and even their website points customers to Amazon. (Link)
  • Here is the Handi Ramp website and Facebook page.
  • According to Inc.com, Handi Ramp had revenues of $5.8 million back in 2009. (Link)
  • Handi Ramp has great reviews on Google with a 4.8 out of 5-star rating. (Link)
  • Owner Thom Disch is also the author of Stop The Slip: Reducing Slips, Trips and Falls: The #1 Cause of Emergency Room Visits.
  • Here is a Stop the Slip website

The Deal From The Episode Plus Post-Show Updates (this will be updated continually):

  • The Deal - The original offer was $1 million for 20% of the business.  They then decided on $1 million for 15% of the business with the option to purchase another 15% for another $1 million.  The total would be $2 million for 30% of the business. 
  • As of the episode airing, Stop the Slip products are not available on True Value, Camping World or Gander Outdoors.

*To see how all of the businesses from The Profit are doing, go to the The Profit Updates page. Also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving The Profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment