Let's take a look at some information related to Monica Potter Home as well as what kind of deal was made on the show.
News and Links Related To The Company:
- Here is the Monica Potter Home website and Facebook Page which has over 120,000 likes.
- Here are some preview videos of the episode from the CNBC website - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Monica Potter Home opened in 2015 in Garrettsville, Ohio. They added a location in Cleveland, Ohio, but in July 2017 Monica Potter Home closed their Cleveland location. (Link)
- You will see Juli Reed on tonight's show who was the winner of The Partner.
- Some Monica Potter Home products are available on Amazon. (Link)
- In September 2017 Marcus Lemonis posted a video on his social media asking people to go to the Monica Potter website. A lot of comments from people said the website could not handle all the traffic. (Link)
- Comments from locals on a recent article about this episode of The Profit seem to say that Garrettsville is not a good location for a store like Monica Potter Home. (Link)
- Based on the comments on preview videos of this episode on social media, it seems like some fans of the show do not like the fact that Marcus is helping a celebrity business owner.
The Deal From The Episode Plus Post-Show Updates (this will be updated continually):
- Marcus decided to invest $100,000 in the business, but later back out of the deal. He decided to step back and allow Monica Potter to continue leading the business in the direction with which she felt most comfortable. "I'm disappointed that I'm going to miss the opportunity," Lemonis said, "but sometimes it's better to get out while you're ahead." (Link)
- The Monica Potter Home website has the categories of skin care, home goods, kitchen & gourmet, textiles, and seasons in a box.
- The Monica Potter Home logo and labeling remains the same as it did before Marcus visited.
- Marcus and Monica seem to have remained friends. (Link 1, Link 2)
- Monica Potter posted a video after the episode that rambled a bit and said to remember that it was TV. Also she sees to talk a lot about trying to get Marcus Lemonis a Critic's Choice Award.