Let's take a look at some information related to Wick'ed Candle Company as well as what kind of deal was made on the show.
News and Links Related To The Company:
- Here are some preview videos of the episode from the CNBC website - Video 1, Video 2 - Extended Sneak Peak.
- Here is the Wick'ed website, which is currently down, but has a message stating it will be back up when the episode airs.
- Here is the Wick'ed Facebook page and Twitter page.
- The company was started by Samantha Schacher, who you may recognize from television. She is a co-host on Dr. Drew on Call, and here is her IMDB profile for her work as a producer/actress.
- On Samantha's website, she said she founded the company because her and her husband were searching for a distinct candle for their wedding which they couldn't find on the market, so they decided to create it themselves and formed a business.
- Wick'ed does have candles for sale on Amazon, and here is a link to what is available.
The Deal From The Episode Plus Post-Show Updates (this will be updated continually):
- The Deal - $200,000 for 33% of the business. The money will be for inventory, new designs and packaging and to pay Mark's dad back. Marcus is also 100% in charge.
- The company was renamed to Biren & Company and the Wick'ed website has been updated with the new name.
- On the website, there is a Sweet Pete's Line of Candy Candles. Sweet Pete's is a business that was also on The Profit.
*To see how all of the businesses from The Profit are doing, go to the The Profit Updates page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving The Profit.