Let's take a look at some information related to Murchison Hume as well as what kind of deal was made on the show.
News and Links Related To The Company:
- Here is the Murchison Hume website and Facebook Page.
- Their cleaning products are sold on a lot of sites, and here is a link to Murchison Hume products on Amazon. The products include household cleaning products, hand/bathroom soaps, and dog shampoo. Most of the products have good reviews.
- The products on the Murchison Hume Facebook page and website still have the same label design, so it appears nothing has changed since Marcus Lemonis visited.
- Murchison Hume is not advertising their appearance on The Profit on their website or social media sites. Businesses normally advertise their appearance if a deal was made, so perhaps Marcus walks away from this one.
The Deal From The Episode Plus Post-Show Updates (this will be updated continually):
- Initial offer - $250,000 for at least 50% of the business.
- Counter offer - $500,000 for 30% of the business
- The Deal - $250,000 for 30% of the business and Marcus would get 75% of the 'Best in Show' trademark. This money would be used to drive down the cost of goods.
- Later Max wanted to only give Marcus 15% for the $250,000 and he wouldn't get the other 15% until costs were driven down.
- They again agreed on the original deal, but when they were evaluating the inventory, Marcus discovered there was much less in inventory than he was originally told. He ended up walking out on the deal.
- As stated above, the labels on the Murchison Hume products remain the same.
- Marcus Lemonis revealed that he now owns the "Best In Show" trademark. (Link)
- After the show aired, fans of The Profit were posting negative things on Murchison Hume's Facebook page. Murchison Hume removed the ability to post on their Facebook wall and is removing all negative comments.
*To see how all of the businesses from The Profit are doing, go to the The Profit Updates page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving The Profit.