Let's take a look at some information related to Honest Foods as well as what kind of deal was made on the show.
News and Links Related To The Company:
- Here is the Honest Foods website and Facebook Page which is advertising the show tonight and says there will be live commentary during the show. (Update - it seems they took the post about live commentary down)
- Here are the Yelp reviews for Honest Foods which are VERY good with pretty much a 5-star average (out of 5) with 50+ reviews.
- A recent article in The Chicago Tribune has information provided by Tad about the show such as:
- Despite The Profit advertising a steep drop in sales, sales have actually increased in each of the past five years ($1.3 million last year).
- Honest Foods does a lot of catering for films and TV shows including Showtime's Shameless.
- They applied to be on the show in hopes of growing and acquiring a larger kitchen.
The Deal From The Episode Plus Post-Show Updates (this will be updated continually):
- The Deal - 300k for 33% of the business to help pay things off and to diversify the business.
- Right now it looks like the food truck is only available for private events. The menus for Pono Sweet Truck and Melt Down can be found here.
- The current website was just launched today as the website looked different earlier in the day/week.
- According to an article after the episode aired, the food trucks are still awaiting approval so are not operating at the moment.